You work hard to build your business. That’s why it’s important to do what you can to protect all your hard work. That’s why there’s The Ephraim Group.
We’ve spent years helping business owners identify the right commercial insurance for what they do, and since there are a wide variety of businesses out there, a “one size fits all” approach just doesn’t work.
It’s not surprising, but most business owners don’t sit around all day thinking of all the different ways they might get sued. It’s hard enough to run a successful small business- pondering all the liabilities that exist can get overwhelming fast. That’s why it’s important to have experienced independent insurance agents on your side.
Why Go With An Independent Insurance Agency?
When you talk to the big insurance agencies, you’re dealing with agents that are tied to a specific set of insurance products and policies. They can only sell the coverage that particular company decides to offer and nothing else. Plus, their rates are set, and there is no flexibility.
As an independent insurance agency, we aren’t locked into one set of insurance products from one company. We’re free to shop around and talk to different insurance carriers in order to come up with the right insurance products for your business and industry.
At The Ephraim Group, we have a huge array of insurance policies and ideas for coverage at our disposal which not only means we can get your business covered appropriately, but we can do so at an affordable rate.
Our insurance agents will work closely with you in order to help you determine what insurance plans will benefit your business the most. Together we will provide you with coverage quotes custom tailored to your needs leaving it ultimately in your hands to choose your companies insurance policy. Call today and speak with a representative about your needs so we can make sure your business is fully protected.
What is Commercial Insurance?
Commercial Insurance is designed to protect your business from losses that arise from events that occur during your daily course of doing business. Within the spectrum of business insurance, there are different types of coverage available. These can include things such as property damage, legal liability, and risks related to employees. Business owners will often shop for insurance based on the potential risks associated with their field of work, but far too often, there are risks with your business that you’ve never imagined. That’s where talking to an experienced insurance agent can help.
Types of Business Insurance
While business insurance is important for businesses of every size, small business owners need to be much more careful when shopping for a policy. It is more important for smaller businesses in order to protect themselves in the case of a loss because the will most likely have more out of pocket financial exposure although this is certainly true with larger businesses as well. Since it isn’t always clear what type of business insurance you need to protect your company, our friendly insurance agents are happy to assist you. We can talk to you and ask you the right questions to help create the best policy for your protection.
Below are several types of insurance business owner’s might consider:
- Property Insurance: Property insurance is designed to cover your business for any loss of equipment, inventory, furniture, or signage should an event such as fire, theft, or storm occur. Keep in mind that these types of policies do not include events such as floods or earthquakes. If you are in an area that is at an elevated risk for these events you should consider a policy tailored to these issues.
- Professional Liability Insurance: Professional liability is designed to protect you against claims that result from mistakes or failures to perform a quality service. These types of plans are uniquely tailored to the individual needs of your business to provide you with the best coverage at the lowest cost. All industries must take into consideration their unique high-risk areas when shopping for an insurance policy.
- Home-Based Business – Should you happen to be running a business based out of your home you will still need to consider some form of business insurance as your homeowner’s policies don’t cover any home-based businesses. This means you should still browse for a policy to protect any equipment and inventory you have.
- Vehicle Insurance – Vehicles that are used for any business endeavors need to be fully insured. At the bare minimum, they need to be covered for any third-party injuries caused by an employee. Comprehensive coverage will insure the vehicle in the event of an accident minimizing your losses. However, should your employees use their personal vehicle for business related work their auto insurance will cover them should they happen to be involved in an accident.
- Product Liability Insurance – this type of coverage is designed to cover your business if your manufactured product causes an injury to a consumer or damages their property. This type of coverage is extremely important as it can save you from extreme financial losses in the event of a lawsuit.
- Business Interruption Insurance – This type of insurance policy is extremely important to businesses that require a physical location to operate. This includes things such as retail stores, office buildings, and restaurants. This type of coverage will compensate your business from a loss of income due to events that interrupt your flow of business.
- Workers Compensation Insurance – Most states require that you have this form of coverage to protect your employees. If an employee is injured on the job, this covers their medical expenses, and a portion of any lost wages while they recover.
While your current policy and liability coverage could protect you from any legal fees and judgments, having a commercial liability umbrella policy with one million or more in liability protection should be the minimum for most small businesses. This will cover you over a very large array of issues, and we can insure your company at competitive pricing. When it comes time to renew or update your policy, or you are just purchasing your first policy, The Ephraim Group will assist you through any trouble you may have. Talk to one of our specially trained agents today for all the information on how we can help you in achieving the best possible coverage for your business at the most competitive pricing.
Our Service Area
For more than 16 years, we’ve worked with business and homeowners all around our little house in Lawrenceville. We’re located right next to Brewster’s on Lawrenceville Suwanee Road. We have helped hundreds of business owners around us in Lawrenceville, Dacula, Duluth, Suwanee, and Buford. But, if you live outside our service area, that’s no problem. We’re happy to help you with all your commercial insurance needs.