Few things are more exhilarating than a ride of a motorcycle. The wind on your face, the feeling of freedom, the road calling- all are reasons to ride. So when you hear that call, make sure have the motorcycle insurance that’s right for you.
For years, the independent insurance agents at The Ephraim Group have helped motorcycle enthusiasts all around Gwinnett county follow their passion. Let us help you get the right coverage at an affordable rate.
Customized Motorcycle Insurance At An Affordable Rate
Don’t let anything keep you from the open road. Call us to get a personalized insurance quote for your bike. As an independent insurance agency, we’re not locked in to one insurance company or a specific set of products. We can shop around to find the best coverage at the best rate. Call us and let’s get started on a quote for you.
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Terms
Having a motorcycle is a wonderful thing, but it is extremely important that you have not only the right types of insurance policy, but sufficient coverage amounts to ensure your protection and those who ride with you as well.
Here are some different aspects of motorcycle insurance policies to consider:
This type of coverage is the most basic. It pays out for others’ bodily injuries and property damage that was caused by your motorcycle if you are the at-fault driver. In the event that you have injuries, as well, you will need to pay for your medical bills out of pocket. This type of insurance is mandated by law to ride a motorcycle.
This type of insurance covers all damages to your motorcycle in the event that you are the at-fault driver in a collision with a moving or stationary object. Deductibles are usually applicable under these circumstances. Because motorcycles tend to suffer more damage than a car in the event of an accident, insurance that protects your motorcycle is a sensible investment.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
This policy is vital if you want to protect your motorcycle in the event that it is damaged by fire, storms, vandalism, or theft; however, only standard parts of your motorcycle are covered. A deductible usually applies as well.
Emergency Roadside Service
This aspect of your policy covers you whenever you need roadside assistance or a tow. This part of your motorcycle insurance policy will also cover the expenses attributed to any accidents.
In the event of an accident, medical payment insurance covers you against bodily injuries including the ambulance ride to the hospital, emergency room treatment, and all follow-up visitors to your treating physician. This applies whether the insured or the other parties involved are at fault.
Uninsured Motorist Bodily
It’s an unfortunate fact, but many drivers on the road are uninsured, and facing an accident with an uninsured motorist is difficult. This policy covers you in the event that the other vehicle owner involved in the accident doesn’t have insurance. This pays for any medical treatment as well as lost wages. It also covers hit and run accidents. With most motorcycle insurance companies, a deductible is going to apply.
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage
This type of insurance covers all damages to your motorcycle when the other party is at fault and does not have sufficient coverage to pay for damages or has no insurance coverage at all. Either way, you might have to pay a deductible cover.
According to the Georgia state law, a motorcycle owner or rider must establish insurance in order to drive a motorcycle. Statistics have shown that 93% of Georgia’s motorists have insurance on their bikes, which still leaves 7% who drive around uninsured every day. In addition, more than 15% of the recorded collisions are caused by drivers that lack insurance.
If the worst happens, you want to know that your insurance will be there to take care of you. Valid motorcycle insurance in Georgia has to meet at least $25,000 for bodily injury/death of one person and $50,000 for at least two people when the accident occurs. In addition, there must be coverage of at least $25,000 for one’s property in the event of an accident. The state of Georgia isn’t going to cover you for any damage to your vehicle or for your medical expenses. Although it may seem unfair that you are required to have insurance, it is a necessary investment and should not be overlooked. Carrying proof of insurance is required by Georgia law at all times.
Our Service Area
For more than 16 years, we’ve insured motorcyclists that live and work all around our little house in Lawrenceville. We’re located right next to Brewster’s on Lawrenceville Suwanee Road. We have served happy bikers around us in Lawrenceville, Dacula, Duluth, Suwanee and Buford. But, if you live outside our service area, that’s no problem. We’re happy to help you with all your motorcycle insurance needs.