Who could better understand the outrageous bills along with the stress and worry that comes with owning a motorcycle than the individual that rides one? When you consider how vulnerable motorcyclists are when riding their bikes, the importance of motorcycle insurance coverage in Lawrenceville, GA cannot be overstated. They are highly exposed with nothing more to protect them than a helmet and possibly leather clothing. So you can easily understand how the injuries they sustain in an accident with a larger vehicle are usually catastrophic in nature.
Another consideration is the fact that other drivers have a great deal of difficulty seeing a biker and oftentimes fail to take the necessary precautions when encountering them on city streets and highways. Additionally, when a motorcycle is involved in an accident, there is a greater chance that the repairs required will be quite extensive and expensive. In many instances, the motorcycle is damaged beyond repair and must be replaced. Without the right motorcycle insurance coverage in Lawrenceville, GA, you could be looking at paying a great deal of money out of pocket.
Basic Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Terms
- Collision – covers all damages to your motorcycle in the event that you are the at-fault driver in a collision with a moving or stationary object. Deductibles are usually applicable under these circumstances.
- Comprehensive – covers your motorcycle in the event that it is damaged by fire, storms, vandalism, or if it gets stolen. A deductible usually applies.
- Emergency roadside service – whenever you need roadside assistance or a tow, this part of your motorcycle insurance policy in Lawrenceville, GA will cover the expenses attributed to your accident.
- Liability – covers you against bodily injury and property damage that was caused with your motorcycle whenever you are the at-fault driver in an accident.
- Medical payments – covers you against bodily injuries including the ambulance ride to the hospital, emergency room treatment, and all follow-up visitors to your treating physician. This applies whether the insured or the other parties involved are at fault.
- Uninsured motorist bodily – covers any injuries that your passengers sustain provided the other driver is deemed at fault. This typically applies when the other person or persons involved in the collision do not have sufficient coverage or are not insured at all. This also covers hit and run accidents. With most motorcycle insurance companies in Lawrenceville, GA, a deductible is going to apply.
- Uninsured motorist property damage – covers all damages to your motorcycle when the other party is at fault and does not have sufficient coverage to pay for damages or has no insurance coverage at all. Either way, you might have to pay a deductible.
When you consider how statistics are tweaked against motorcycle riders, it is extremely important that you have not only the right types of coverages, but sufficient amounts to ensure your protection and those who ride with you.
Additional Considerations and Questions
You’re driving along and suddenly you’re thinking to yourself, “Hang on a second. According to Georgia state law, the other person has to be insured for at least the minimum liability.” That’s a great observation, but have you ever wondered why? Statistics have shown that 93% of Georgia’s motorists have insurance on their bikes. Unfortunately, that still leaves 7% who drive around uninsured every day. Plus, more than 15% of the recorded collisions were caused by drivers that were uninsured.
It goes without saying that all motorcyclists are required by law to have insurance. But what happens when they are uninsured? The state of Georgia isn’t going to cover you for any damage to your vehicle or for your medical expenses. Although it may seem unfair that you are required to have insurance like everyone else, but what if that uninsured motorist causes an accident that injures one of your loved ones? What will you do if there is a huge amount of medical bills to be paid?
Don’t you think that paying the few extra dollars to ensure that you and your rider are protected should the unthinkable happen? That is where The Ephraim Group can help. We can easily customize a motorcycle insurance policy in Lawrenceville, GA that is tailored to your motorcycle riding needs. Why not contact us today and let one of our representatives help solve your insurance needs.